The Student Visa is the key to international students’ accessing Australia’s top-notch educational institutions. These are renowned for academic excellence, research, and opportunities in diverse fields. The Student Visa (subclass 500) allows students to engage in a rich cultural experience by interacting with other international students and Australia’s inclusive and vibrant society.
Importance of student visa (subclass 500)
The Student Visa is designed to allow holders of the visa valuable experience in their field through work during studies, and possibly explore work after graduation. The Student Visa (subclass 500) opens the door to many potential paths for permanent residence, since skilled migration programs, and employer-sponsored sponsorships, often prefer individuals who have Australian qualifications and experience. This Visa is a vital tool for supporting educational goals, personal and professional development and building a solid foundation in Australia.
Benefits of student visa
The student visa comes along many choices and profits as described below.
- Excellent Education: Australia shows originality in its education base and produces world-renowned schools, universities and colleges that offer first-class instruction in a wide range of fields. Students from abroad have access to such opportunity to participate in a variety of research and academic stances.
- Possible job: In general, visa holders can do full-time job while studying, even you can also study course during breaks and part-time in the school year. This opens a way to earn money, gain experience and lessen living expenses.
- Dependent family members: In most cases, the applicant family members rely on him. So this is authorized for the members to visit along the visa holder. They can easily travel all over Australia with the applicant and can also do part-time or full-time job.
- Can find work after completing studies: Graduates who have finished their education may be suitable for work visas, which allows them to do job in Australia.
- Health Coverage: International Students should be sequestered with Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC), a policy that delivers medical care and hospitalization to international students while they live in Australia and studying.
- Cultural knowledge: Studying in Australia is a culturally elevating practice that helps students interact with students from different backgrounds, learn new perspectives and participate in cultural events and activities. This new learning allowed them to advance toward their upbringing in Australia and their cultural beliefs.
- Sign for Permanent Residency: For some students studying in Australia can serve as a path to permanent residence through programs such as skilled migration or sponsorship by employers.
I finally took the decision to step into applying for a student visa under class 600; hence, there are some things you need to know while filling out the form.
- Fill form: Pay a visit to the website of the department of home affairs ImmiAccount then create an account, fill the relevant questions and then click on the submission area.
- Cost: After filling of form, now pay the visa application fee at the time lodged on the application. Well, the fees may vary, depending on the origin and decided course.
- Important documents: The applicant should have already collect all his documents such as enrollment evidence slip, fee slip, fiancé statements , test scores of English proficiency, insurance labels or any other document provided by the department of home affairs.
- Biometric selection: As part of visa application processing, some applicants will be asked to go to a biometric session at a specific location in order to submit their facial biometrics and fingerprints.
- Outcome of visa: After the application is submitted and the obligatory documentation has been supplied, the applicant should wait for the decision from the Department of Home Affairs. The processing time may differ depending on the country of origin of the applicant and the complexity.
For a Student Visa Subclass 500 to be granted, the applicant must satisfy certain criteria set by Australian Department of Home Affairs. These criteria include, for example:
- Acceptance letter: The applicant must be acknowledged to a course offered by an Australian education institution. He should have received his acceptance letter.
- Money Ability: Applicants are called to reveal whether they have sufficient resources for tuition, living costs, and other expenses associated with their period in Australia or not.
- Genuine Temporary Record: verification is asked from the candidate about only studying in Australia and intend to go back to their country once they are done with their study.
- Health and character certified: The Australian Government has set certain requirements for applicants’ health and character. They have to endure a medical exam and obtain police clearance certificates for countries in which they resided more than twelve months during the last 10 years.
- English Verbal Proficient: Depending on your level of education and the requirements of the institution you are applying to, it may be necessary for applicants to provide scores from recognized English tests, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
Permission is given to choose any eligible course for studying, once you are granted with the student visa subclass 600. The applicant can easily travel and visit here and forth in Australia. Grind up to 48 hours per fortnight even though your training or course is continuing.
The maximum time of this visa validity is around 5 years. So, the applicant can study without hurdles till this duration in Australia. Primary school students are granted visa for only 3 years.
Chance of an extended stay
In some circumstances, the titled course is not completed and visa validity is going to end soon, you can apply for a new student visa. The expiry date arrives right before your graduation then you can apply for a visitor visa (subclass 600). You may be eligible to receive a temporary graduate visa (subclass 485), if you have or had a student visa, and you accomplished definite qualifications in Australia within the past six months. The applicant is also eligible to apply for the skilled Recognition Graduate visa (subclass476) once got graduated from an engineering institution.
The cost of the visa is AUD710.00 and once paid can’t be refundable again.
Tips for applying the visa
It can be difficult to apply for a Student Visa Subclass 600, but a thorough preparation can help increase your chances of success. These tips will help you make a successful visa application.
- Meeting Health and Character requirements: Complete any medical exams required and get a police clearance certificate in a timely fashion to show compliance with the health and character requirement.
- Please provide accurate information: Check all the details on your visa application form and make sure that any supporting documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Consult a Professional: Seek advice from an immigration attorney or registered migration agent to help you navigate the application process for a visa and answer any questions or concerns.
How do I apply?
Fill out the application on the newly created account.
Since you have applied, then you will receive the notification within 12 hours, if not then recheck your application.
Also check whether there is any message related to traveling because you can’t travel with student visa until the notification notifies it.
You will get a transcribed decision regarding your visa request. You will be informed:
- your visa grant number
- Your visa requirements
- The date that your visa begins
Put a copy of acceptance visa with you during your travel to Australia to avoid any problem
Read More about Student Visa Interview Questions asked by department.